Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Losing My Attitude

Thought for the day:




“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Thomas Jefferson



Wow, it has been a very taxing week, work was a bear, resulting in my having a less than enthusiastic and quite irreverent attitude about it and until today I have been too stressed out to do anything but come home and vegetate.



I can't count the times that Snicker bar in the vending machine at work called out my name, between it and the Bar-B-Que potato chips there was quite a cacophony in my head. I do love the JUNK FOOD when I'm feeling stressed. At least I didn't give in. I just kept remembering 13.4 pounds down and those other 86.6 pounds aren't going anywhere if I cave in.



While all the office drama didn't weigh me down enough to keep from taking my after-lunch walk. In fact, a walk in the breeze actually blows the stink off my attitude just enough to get me through the rest of the day. However, those good intentions of adding to my exercise regimen didn't happen so there were some feelings of apprehension on facing that onerous scale this morning...


I stepped up to face the results of my past weeks efforts and deprivations. The news is good, I have lost another 2.2 pounds, for a grand total of 15.6 pounds lost. CAN I HAVE A DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!


Now to work on those other 84.4 hideous pounds of unflattering flab, in the coming week I vow to add more exercise, even if I do break out in a sweat.


In review, the week actually sucked; but I did some stuff right anyway.



What I did right-


a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank a minimum of 6 glasses of good old H2O daily.

d. Walked for 45 minutes, 5 days of the week.

e. Had 2 teaspoons of healthy oils daily.

f. Had at least 6 hours of sleep a night.



What I can do better-



a. Try a new recipe so I don't get bored.

b. Get in some additional kind of exercise by trying a yoga DVD that I bought. (I'll do it this week, I promise)

c. Find a way to improve my attitude.

d. Load my I-Pod with some up-tempo music.

e. Find some non-food and non-alcohol ways to unwind and reduce stress.



I can feel my attitude improving already losing 2.2 pounds helps.


I want to be a BIG LOSER!

No comments: