Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Be Prepared

Thought for the day:




“Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.”

- Kung Fu-Tzu Confucius



Tomorrow is Nurse's Day, so my employer is planning a luncheon for us.



The food is supposed to come from the St. Louis Rotisserie. It’s a menu of rotisserie roasted meats and poultry, with sides of salads. Sounds good, right? I guess the real question is can I stay on point?



Once again, I need a backup plan.



I have left-over salad from tonight's dinner. It's definitely part of the backup plan. Experience tells me the salads that will be served are going to likely be saturated with oily dressing rather than served with the salad dressing on the side.



The main course meats should be pretty lean but are likely sliced for sandwiches. I'm taking a leftover chicken breast, just in case. Usually the bread is either dinner rolls or white and wheat breads, but not whole grain or anything with much fiber. I'll take an alternative, maybe a low carb tortilla or one of those Healthy Life sandwich rolls. I'll also take alternative condiments, like lite mayo and my favorite Dijon mustard, just to be safe.



I'm sure there will also be desert, but I'm not holding out much hope for fresh fruit so I had better take some strawberries, a 1/2 cup of Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, and a ¼ cup of Fiber One Cereal to sprinkle on top.



OK! Now I'm ready for the Nurse's Day Luncheon.



It will be a pleasant surprise if I don't need anything I'm packing.



Experience tells me otherwise.

No comments: