Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nurse's Day

Thought for the day:


"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."


- Voltaire



Today I was pleasantly surprised. Our "Nurses Day" luncheon was totally friendly to my weight loss plan. We were offered rotisserie chicken or beef brisket, roasted potatoes, iceberg salad with or without vinaigrette salad dressing, and a delicious fresh fruit salad. Believe it or not, there was no bread or cookies in sight! Yippee!!!



My plan was in place but not needed.



Now, I was offered muffins and Danishes this morning, but I had already eaten breakfast and brought fruit, low fat cottage cheese, and a high fiber lite English muffin to eat for my morning break. After rationalizing that the average super-sized muffin would cost me about 500 to 600 calories, probably about 10-12 points, and I would much rather have a couple of margaritas made with a sugar free margarita mix this weekend for those calories. The muffins didn't tempt me at all.



Overall the day was pretty good and I stayed on program - even after having eaten seconds of the chicken and fruit salad!



Flex points are wonderful!



Do you think my employer is reading this blog?

No comments: