Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Learning from "The Agony of Defeat"

Thought for the day:


“What is Defeat? Nothing but education; nothing but the first step to something better.”


Wendell Phillips



After 3 weeks of triumph with the dreaded scale, I stepped up to weigh in. I was confident of seeing a smaller number then I did last week. That did not happen. In fact, the darned thing didn't budge. I weigh exactly the same this week as last week.


Boy, am I disappointed.


Where did I go wrong?


I stayed on point, I drank enough water to float a freaking battle ship, I weighed and measured my food, and I walked every day. This regimen has been working for me, so I don't understand why the blasted scale didn't show some progress.


In review of my food diary, the only deviation from program I could come up with is maybe I didn't get in my healthy oils every day. At my group meeting our leader talked about getting adequate sleep too, so maybe that could be another problem…and my job has been really stressing me out. Maybe I need to ramp up my walking routine as well.

This is frustrating.

Argg!




The week in review:



What I did right-


a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank a minimum of 6 glasses of good old H2O daily.

d. Walked for 30 minutes, 5 days of the week.

e. Planned for a weekend food splurge.

f. Figured out a way to have a Cheeseburger, Onion Rings and a Chocolate Shake and stay on point. Yeah!

g. Got a pedicure for a non-food splurge.




 What I can do better-


a. Try a couple of new recipes so I don't get bored.

b. Get in some additional kind of exercise by trying a yoga DVD that I checked out from the library.

c. Treat myself to another non-food splurge.

d. Find some ways to unwind and reduce stress.

e. Get at least 6 hours of sleep a night.

f. Get 2 teaspoons of healthy oils daily.




Now, for anyone who is interested, here are the recipes for my Cheeseburger, Onion Rings and a Chocolate shake meal.

Yumm!




“Cheeseburger”



4 oz 97% lean ground beef
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
1 slice of Kraft Deluxe American Cheese
1 Healthy Life Light Wheat Sandwich Bun
1 teaspoon of Dijonaise
1 teaspoon of Light Mayonnaise
Lettuce leaves, tomato, onion and pickle slices as desired

Season ground beef with Worcestershire sauce and salt. Form into a patty.

Pan fry, Grill or broil to desired doneness. Toast bun if desired. Top hamburger patty with cheese and place on bun; serve with condiments and vegetables. 6 Points.

Enjoy.



“Onion Ring Things”


1 large onion sliced in ¼ inch slices and separated into rings
1 teaspoon of hot sauce
¼ cup of liquid egg substitute
Dash of salt
½ cup of Fiber One Original cereal
Cooking spray


Place the Fiber One cereal in a blender or food processor and pulse until the cereal is breadcrumb consistency, add salt and pulse to mix.

Stir the hot sauce into the egg substitute.

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Drench onion rings in egg mixture, and then dredge in Fiber One crumbs. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.

Bake onion rings in 375 degree oven, turning once, for about 15 minutes or until crispy. 2 Points.




“Chocolate Shake”


1 cup chocolate flavor unsweetened Almond Breeze
½ cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons of Fat Free Coffee Mate French Vanilla flavor
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
2 packets of calorie free sweetener
4-5 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until the ice is broken up, and then blend until smooth. Pour into a large glass, this makes a BIG 16 to 20 oz. shake. 3 Points.

Yumm!



As you can see, this meal is pretty guilt free and weighs in at only 11 Weight Watchers Points.

Life is good.
Now, if I can just drop some poundage next Saturday...

No comments: