Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It’s Tax Day

Thought for the day:

“Unquestionably, there is progress. The average American now pays out twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.”


- H. L. Mencken


The true harbinger of spring: filing Federal and State Taxes.

Argg!

I would much rather switch out my closet. For me, that's usually kind of fun. Pulling out the warm weather wardrobe makes me think of warm weather activities, like gardening, perusing the Farmer's Markets, grilling, picnicking and lounging by a swimming pool.

Now my wardrobe contains no skinny clothes just three sizes: big, bigger, and OMG how did I get this fat?!?!? So, as I was getting those summer clothes out, I also had to think about what will fit now and what needs to stay packed away until I can reduce myself enough to be able to wear it. Unfortunately, that is easily over half of my clothes.

Last year I didn't even bother and just left the things that were a size or two too small packed up, but this is a “New Spring”. So I put those items together in a box that is easy to access with the next size down placed at the top. Then I took a couple of favorite outfits out so that I could hang them where I can see them every day. I think that it will give me something to look forward to and act as an incentive to stick with the program. I really hope to be wearing all of my "OMG" summer clothes this year for the LAST TIME!

Happy Springtime!

No comments: