Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another Loss

Thought for the day:
“I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.”


Mae West


Yesterday was weigh in day, and although facing the scale always makes me feel a little apprehensive, I did manage to stay on-point the better part of the week. I caved while filling plastic Easter eggs and ate 4 chocolate eggs and a handful of jellybeans, but the weather was cooperative and enabled me to walk 30 minutes daily on my lunch break, so I was pretty sure I had lost at least a pound or two despite the week’s challenges. So, when I stepped up on that scale, I found out that it really was my friend. I lost 2.6 pounds!


That brings my grand total to 5.8 ugly pounds GONE! Wow! That is very near 2 full cans of Crisco if you think about it, because a can of shortening weighs 3 pounds. OMG! That means I still have about 33 and 1/3 cans of that greasy stuff enveloping my body and keeping me from being a Fit Momma.

THIS IS WAR!



OK, so here's the week in review:



1. What I did right-



a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank a minimum of 6 glasses of good old H2O daily.

d. Walked for 30 minutes, 5 days of the week.

e. Tried a recipe for "Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings" (Yummy! And my daughter even thought so!).

f. Planned for a weekend splurge.



2. What I can do better-



a. Try a couple of new recipes so I don't get bored.

b. Get in some additional kind of exercise at least one more day a week.

c. Treat myself to a non-food splurge.

No comments: