Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 23, 2010

Habits

Thought for the day:


"Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far."


Thomas Jefferson


Today I'm happy to report is day number 28 of taking a daily after lunch walk…and it hasn't killed me.

I've read that to make anything habitual, do it for 28 days. To tell the truth, the daily walks are becoming automatic. After I eat lunch, I now feel compelled to don athletic shoes and make tracks around the parking lot.

I can't say that I've had much luck finding another activity to work in more exercise. I've tried a couple of exercise DVDs; but I just didn't like them. Well at least I tried them and it was activity. I used to enjoy dancing, so perhaps trying a dance lesson on DVD would help. I bought a yoga mat and a beginners' yoga DVD. The breathing and stretching routines look relaxing. Bottom line, it has to be fun and easy or it's just torture.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I hope to see results from my efforts.

I'm still bothered that I didn't lose any weight last week. Hopefully I can change that this week.

No comments: