Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweet Tomatoes

Thought for the day:

It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.
~Lewis Grizzard


Last week was way to hot for my lunch hour stroll, but I was still able to loose one pound, Thank You Zumba!


I did a little shopping over the weekend, needed a few things in a smaller size. Yippee! Yippee! Yahoo!
I've been shopping the back of my closet, but I'm running out of smaller sizes. At least with all of the end of season sales, I'm not spending a fortune.

For me there is nothing else that tastes more like Summer than a sweet, juicy, fresh, homegrown tomato. I absolutely love Gazpacho, marinated tomato salad, sliced tomatoes, BLTs,stuffed tomatoes, baked, broiled and fire roasted tomatoes; honestly, I don't think I've met a tomato I didn't like. Lucky for me, they're in season and they are a good for you "SUPER" food. Packed with lycopene, potassium, vitamins A and C and really low in calories. Whoo! Hoo!

Does it get any better?


Last week in review:


What I did right-


a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank extra water due to the heat and my increase in activity.

d. Created a new recipe substituting healthier ingredients to put the skinny on a favorite dish.

e. Took up a new activity twice a week.


What I can do better-
a. Get a little more sleep, and make some time for meditation.

b. Manage to get my walks in at least 3 days this week.

c. Treat myself to a non-food splurge.

No comments: