Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Girl's Just Got to Have Fun

Thought for the day:

"The future depends on what we do in the present." - Mahatma Gandhi Eleanor


Boy did I have a busy weekend, two of my Granddaughters are staying at my house while their Mother is out of town. We had a lot of fun and I was able to get in a lot of activity. Whoo! Hoo!

Saturday was weigh-in day and I did lose 0.4 pounds, a little disappointing, but due last weeks hot weather I didn't get in as much exercise as I would have liked. And I was hungry all week. Those Flex points were gone by Thursday night.

This weekend, however, was a different story. We walked, we played and we got in the swimming pool and played some more. The weather was beautiful. Sunday afternoon I cut grass and weed-whacked for a couple of hours, then got in the pool and did my 30 minute pool work out with the noodles, and I'm up to using two noodles for resistance now.

When I sat down and figured my activity up all of Sunday's activity points I was pleasantly surprised to learn I had 10 points in activity! I was feeling so good about that I had a cold frosty one and lolled on the pool raft to celebrate. I love to get a cold drink and loll around, an old friend of mine used to call the activity, or lack of it, "Not doing Jack Shit".

Well, "Not doing Jack Shit" sure did feel good after all of the weekend's activities.



The week in review:



What I did right-

a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank a minimum of 6 glasses of good old H2O daily.

d. Created a couple of new recipes substituting healthier ingredients to skinny down some favorite foods.


What I can do better-


a. Try a couple of new recipes so I don't get bored.

b. Manage to get my walks in at least 3 days this week. (I walked at lunch today)
c. Treat myself to a non-food splurge.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Tami,
I love non-exercise activity like your weekend involved, fun stuff. but it sure keeps you in shape. I sure do miss having a little girl around. Helen will be leaving in August for college. I will miss the adult Helen but I sure do miss the little girl I once had.
Sounds like you're having a ball.