Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day

Thought for the day:


"Albert Einstein, who discovered that a tiny amount of mass is equal to a huge amount of energy, which explains why, as Einstein himself so eloquently put it in a famous 1939 speech to the Physics Department at Princeton, You have to exercise for a week to work off the thigh fat from a single Snickers." ~Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns 50



Yesterday was weigh in day and this week the scale was my really good friend, I lost 4.8 pounds!

But I have worked out pretty hard for the past four weeks, maybe a little too hard at first. At this point I'm just happy to see the numbers on the scale go down.

Being independent of another 4.8 pounds is a great feeling and it puts me at 1/3 of the way to my 100 pound weight loss goal. Yippee!!!

My pool noodle water workout is going well and I can already tell that my body is changing by the way my clothing are fitting. I am also very happy to report that due to those changes, I can now solidly shop for clothes in the Misses Department and be independent of the Big Girls Clothes.

Today is Independence Day and while I celebrate American Independence, I'll also be celebrating Independence from 1/3 of my excess body fat.

The week in review:

What I did right-


a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank a minimum of 6 glasses of good old H2O daily.

d. Walked 30 minutes each day. Did a Pool Noodle Work Out three times this week

e. Use a few flex points each day, especially when I'm more active.

f. I've let go of the problems I had the last few weeks.


What I can do better-

a. Try a couple of new recipes so I don't get bored.

b. Drink extra water during outdoor activities.

c. Find some additional ways to unwind and reduce stress.

d. Find another resistance Work Out for two or three days a week.

No comments: