Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 21, 2010

Thinking Outside The Box

Thought for the day:

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."



-Sun Tzu


The weekend is over and another busy week begins.


Last Saturday was weigh in day and those 2 pounds I had gained are off again. Yippee! May they never return!


Saturday was also my granddaughters Birthday party with cake and all of the trimmings. I did indulge, a piece of cake and a scoop of ice-cream. I had planned well and had the flex points to accommodate it but it did leave me wanting more sweets and I caved. Saturday was most definitely a sugar binge. But it's over.


Sunday I put up one of those above the ground pools with the blow up ring. Boy! You sure find out how level your yard isn't putting one of those pools up. It took all day and plenty of sweat to get a pool that was supposed to set up in 10 minutes ready for water. I must have earned about 20 activity points!


The pool is up and full so today after work I took the opportunity to use it. First I warmed up a bit by just walking around the perimeter for about 5 minutes, then I sat down in the water. The pool is only 30 inches deep which make it chest high for me in a seated position. I did a few wind mills to warm my arms up using the water for resistance. Since that felt pretty good I grabbed the Pool Noodles I had bought for the grand-kids to play with. I took one in each hand and  pushed them to the floor of the pool with my arms fully extended. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Then I tried putting them under my ankles and using my legs to push them down. I felt a lot of resistance with this move working not just my thighs but my lower abdomen as well.


I'm thinking you could get a pretty good work-out using pool noodles and maybe water wings as well. I'm going to do some research on the subject to find out which moves would work major muscle groups and could be done in the water.


My New project "Fat Momma's Water-Wing and Pool Noodle Workout".


If this isn't thinking outside the box I don't know what is.


Last week in review:


What I did right-



a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank a minimum of 6 glasses of good old H2O daily.

d. Walked 30 minutes each day.

e. Saved some Flex Points for a special event.



What I can do better-


a. Try a couple of new recipes so I don't get bored.

b. Drink extra water during outdoor activities.

c. Use a few flex points each day, especially when I'm more active.

d. Research some water exercise moves to devise a pool work-out.

No comments: