Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting Back to Work

Thought for the day:

"Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections." 

 -Saint Francis de Sales


Being back to my job after nine days off has been a struggle. I'm having trouble getting back into the routine. At least I have stayed on point and I'm drinking my water, but  the heat and rain have prevented my walk until today.


The Time off was refreshing even though I probably worked harder and certainly more physically while at home.


While on Vacation I did try a new product that I like, Bagel Thins from Thomas Bakery. These are really versatile and only 110 calories each with enough fiber that they only cost 2 points on Weight Watchers. The following is a breakfast sandwich using Bagel Thins that I came up with as a swap for the yummy Bagel sandwiches from Panera-St. Louis Bread Company.


Breakfast Bagel Sandwich

1 Thomas Bagel Thin

1 oz lean ham

1 oz of 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese

1/4 cup liquid egg substitute

Butter flavor cooking spray



Lightly toast the Bagel Thin. Cook egg substitute over medium heat in a pan coated with the cooking spray, or cook as I do in the Microwave oven in a small bowl coated with the  cooking spray. Warm the ham. To assemble place the Cheese on one half of the Bagel Thin and top with egg, ham and the other bagel thin half. Enjoy!

This sandwich costs 5-6 points on Weight Watchers depending upon the brand of Egg substitute you use. It makes a really good breakfast to eat while on the go.

No comments: