Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 6, 2010

Plateau

Thought for the day:

"A desire presupposes the possibility of action to achieve it; action presupposes a goal which is worth achieving."

~Ayn Rand


I think I've reached a plateau, no weight loss this week. Despite staying on point and additional exercise I didn't drop a single ounce. Argg!



This was a holiday weekend, Labor Day, the unofficial end of Summer. So I labored; I pulled binder vines out of one of my flower beds, then removed the plants I want to save and transplanted them to an empty bed for the winter. I want to treat the area with some ground clear to kill the roots out. It will be barren for a while but I can start fresh in the spring with no binder vine. The stuff spreads like Kudzu.



So I've had plenty of physical activity this weekend.



Since it was Labor Day, I did fix a sort of festive meal this evening. I grilled some pork loin sauteed green beans with onion garlic and walnuts and made a mock potato salad using fat free Mayo, low fat sour cream, rice vinegar, mustard and ranch dressing mix for the dressing and steamed cauliflower, egg whites, chopped dill pickle, chopped celery and chopped chives for the part to be dressed and I'm not missing the potatoes at all. This was accompanied by a very simple little tomato, basil and mozzarella salad dressed with a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar reduction. I also made some Lemon bars, that were tasty, but could use some work. I'm thinking a little freshly grated ginger root would up the flavor factor and give these bars that little something that they need.



Mock Southern Style Potato Salad

Ingredients


4 cup(s) cauliflower, roughly chopped

6 item(s) egg white(s), boiled, chilled and chopped

1/2 cup(s) Hidden Valley Fat Free Original Ranch

1 cup(s) Kraft Fat-Free Mayonnaise Dressing

1/8 cup(s) fat-free sour cream

2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar

3 Tbsp Dijon mustard

1/4 cup(s) chives, chopped

1/2 item(s) Boar's Head Whole Kosher dill pickle, large chopped (about 2 Tbsp.)

1 cup(s) red onion(s), chopped

3/4 cup(s) celery, chopped

1/8 cup(s) Martha White Spud Flakes Instant Mashed Potatoes Mix

1/4 tsp table salt

10 cup(s) water

1 tsp paprika


Instructions

Place cauliflower, salt and water in a microwave safe dish, cover and steam in the microwave oven at 100% power for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain and cool completely .

Place 1 cup of the cauliflower with the mashed potato flakes,mayonnaise, sour cream, Ranch salad dressing, rice wine vinegar and Dijon mustard in a blender jar and puree.

In a large bowl toss the remaining cauliflower with the onion, celery, dill pickle, chives,and egg whites.

Gently fold the contents of the blender jar into the ingredients in the bowl, sprinkle with the paprika and chill.



Servings: 10

Weight Watches Points: 1
 
 
 
I'll share the Lemon Bar recipe when I tweak it up a bit.


 
 What I did right:



a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank extra water due to the heat and my increase in activity.

d. Exercised 5 days last week.



What I can do better-


a. Get enough sleep. I still struggle with this.

b. Manage to exercise 6 days this week.

c. Work out some new recipes to help prevent boredom.

d. Take a 30 minute walk at least 3 days of the week.

No comments: