Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

I Think I Can

Thought for the day:


"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."



-Henry Ford
 
 
Another busy week, I didn't know whether I was coming or going last week. My mind and body needed rest so badly that I stayed off the computer all weekend.
 
 
Saturday was my weigh in day and I lost this time, 3.2 pounds, YAY! ME!
 
The weekend I worked on cleaning out closets and playing with recipes. Having grown up on southern style food, many of my favorites are laden with fat and high on calories so it's important to me to find swaps so I can get the flavor without the fat. It isn't easy, as butter and bacon fat makes just about everything taste better and are major players in southern cuisine. There are three recipes I particularly want to get lightened up. The first is my Lemon Bars which are getting close to the way I want them to taste, getting the right crust is the tricky part. The other two are Shrimp and Grits and Chicken Fried Steaks with Sausage Gravy and I'm in no way close to getting a good tasting light version.


The week in review:


What I did right:



a. Ate Breakfast daily.


b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.


c. Drank extra water due to the heat and my increase in activity.


d. Exercised 4 days last week.



What I can do better-


a. Get enough sleep. I still struggle with this.


b. Manage to exercise 6 days this week.


c. Work out some new recipes to help prevent boredom.


d. Take a 30 minute walk at least 3 days of the week.

No comments: