Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Nitty Gritty

Thought for the day:

"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do."


-Epictetus
 
 
 
Another week down and only .4 pounds lost at weigh in. Guess I need to get down to the real Nitty Gritty and examine my game plan.



I used very few Flex points last week as a matter of fact I still had 30 of them left when the week ended. I just was not that hungry. With the hot weather I was just wanting to drink water.



 Zumba is still going good. I probably look like a fool doing it but I have no trouble sleeping after a class. The instructor is adding a class on Saturdays so I'll soon Zumba 3 days a week. Who would have thought I'd like any exercise enough to go 3 times a week! Guess I'm not as allergic as I thought.
 


I have been absolutely craving KFC coleslaw, but at 4 points per 1/2 cup I am also reluctant to indulge and 1/2 cup is never enough when it comes to the Colonel's coleslaw. After several tries at knocking the fat out of that creamy slaw I finally have come up with a greatly reduced fat version, the servings are a generous 3/4 cup each and I am no longer Jonesin for the Colonel. 



Fat Momma's Creamy Cole Slaw
 

4 tablespoons Hellman's lite mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Hendrickson's Original Sweet Vinegar and Olive Oil salad dressing
1 teaspoon Dijonnaise
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon Splenda
1/2 teaspoon water
3 cups of packaged 3 color coleslaw
 


Whisk together the first 6 ingredients and toss with the coleslaw.
Makes 4 servings at 1 Weight Watchers point each.


 
Last week in review:



What I did right-


a. Ate Breakfast daily.

b. Kept a diary of every bite that crossed my lips.

c. Drank extra water due to the heat and my increase in activity.

d. Exercised 6 days last week.

e. Ate 5 fruits and veggies a day.



What I can do better-


a. Get a little more sleep, and make some time for meditation.

b. Manage to get my walks in at least 3 days this week.

c. Work out some new recipes to help prevent boredom.

d. Get a pedicure or a massage for relaxation.
 

No comments: