Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Motivated to Move

Thought for the day:



"There's no easy way out. If there were, I would have bought it. And, believe me, it would be one of my favorite things!"
- Oprah Winfrey


I feel the same way about exercise as Oprah. Actually, I think I'm allergic to exercise. My face gets red, I break out in a sweat, and get short of breath. All are symptoms of anaphylaxes and that can kill you! I have been telling myself this lie for years. I really HATE to exercise! Now, I know exercise is an important part of a weight loss program, but getting myself motivated to actually do it is more difficult than passing up a great designer handbag or pair of shoes at 50% under retail - it doesn't happen all that often. OK, baby steps, right?


So today, under duress, I walked two laps around the parking lot at work...and it didn't kill me. It was actually kind of nice getting some fresh air. I'll admit, it did clear my head and I did feel refreshed when I went back in to work. Maybe I can get in the habit of a daily walk.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Those daily walks are nice to get in. As long as it's not raining, LOL. I enjoy getting out there too. It helps. We can work on a goal of going around the building and then adding one flight of steps at a time.

Tamra Robertson said...

I'm taking baby steps, and one of theese days I will go up the flight of stairs, I ve got to get some stamina. Last fall the Erin the girls and I went to the City Museum, as we were going up the circular stairs in the middle where the pipe organ is climbing to the rooftop. I got to the 4th floor and was dizzy, out of breath and my chest was burning, it took 20 minutes to get my breath and go down the stairs to take the elevator to the roof.

Barb said...

That won't happen the next time you go. I went to a yoga class tonight. I am much stiffer and weaker than I thought. I think this will be good for me.