Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 22, 2010

Day one

Thought for the day: The journey of a lifetime starts with baby steps.

Today was the first day of the rest of my challenge. I think I did OK staying on track; I tried the "grab `n go breakfast cookie" recipe from hungry-girl.com, Yum Oh! This cookie is generous in size and flavor. Since I don't have a baby or baby food on hand, I did substitute the strained peaches in the recipe with no sugar added applesauce. I also came up with a new recipe of my own creation for Vanilla Latte'; I love St. Louis Bread Company French Vanilla Latte' and this tasted close, but came no where near the fat and calories, as my version weighs in at about 60.

Fat Momma's Vanilla Latte'

1 cup of strong black coffee
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
2 tsp. non-calorie sweetener
2 tsp sugar free french vanilla flavored coffee creamer
Fat free whipped cream in an aerosol can
Sprinkle of ground nutmeg

Warm the soy milk for about 30 seconds in the microwave the put put it in your blender and blend on high until frothy. Pour into your coffee mug with the coffee sweetener and coffee creamer. Stir, Top with whipped cream and nutmeg.
This coffee and the breakfast cookie; Total Morning Decadence!

To quote Scarlett; " Tomorrow is another day."

No comments: