Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let's Make it Happen

Thought for the day:

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. We all have a choice. You can decide which type of person you want to be. I have always chosen to be in the first group. - Mary Kay Ash.




I've had the winter doldrums for the past few weeks, the cold weather, ice, snow and lack of sunshine have had me feeling like hibernating and eating junk food. Finally, I feel as though the dark cloud is lifting and this week I'm in the mood to get back on the waggon and do what I need to to get the pounds off.

A friend told me about an article in the Wall Street Journal about people who are "super-tasters" and I think I just might be one. Some people just get a whole lot of flavor and enjoyment out of food, more than the average person and its great, awesome even. Now for the down side, there may be another phenom according to the WSJ some of us also have enzymes in our digestive systems that make them super efficient in absorbing nutrients including calories and fat.

Now, I've determined that I am probably not only a "super-taster", but I also have one of those exceptionally efficient digestive systems which combined with the effects of menopause makes the pounds stick to my butt like they have been applied with Gorilla Glue!

I have found a new Zumba class that I like, I've also learned a new phrase in this class. On one routine the instructor said to "Drop it like its hot!", I'm thinking drop what? I wasn't holding anything. Then I see the whole class squat down while gyrating their hips and determined this must be "Dropping it like it's hot!". Gee! I'm not just working out I'm also expanding my vocabulary.

I've also decided that I like using an elliptical, just started this week but It feels like it works all of my bodies major muscle groups. Can't wait to see the effects...

1 comment:

Linda said...

That's my girl! You are the new leader.
Elliptical is awesome. I feel it in the entirety of my legs, hips and buttock. And there is no way to cheat on it, not like the treadmill when you hang on when you're tired. It's done wonders for my weight loss. Started out 20 minutes, went to 30, 40, then decided to not stop till I burn 400 calories, however long it takes, usually 45 - 50 minutes.