Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Tired

Thought for the day:

Man needs difficulties. They are necessary for health.”
-Carl Gustav Jung



After Thanksgiving and Black Friday, I will admit to being completely pooped out. I didn't feel like getting out of bed this morning let alone going to my Weight Watchers meeting or Zumba class; I went anyway and I'm glad that I did. I was feeling rather sluggish after the rich food and after the Zumba class I feel much better and more energized.

On Thanksgiving I indulged in all of the traditional foods made the traditional way, with extra butter.

On Black Friday I was up early, dragging my butt out of bed at 2:30 AM to give my Visa a workout. Now I can get out of bed before the butt-crack of dawn to go Christmas Shopping and grab those first "Bargains"; why I can't manage to drag my fat ass out of of bed at 5:00 AM to exercise?

So Begins the "Holiday Season".

Weigh in wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, I gained 1.2 pounds. I'm THANKFUL that I didn't gain more.

Here is a recipe for a Pumpkin Smoothie to go with sandwiches made from leftover turkey.


Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup of lite Vanilla soy milk
1/2 cup of canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup of fat free Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. of brown sugar
2 tsp. of Splenda
1 Tbsp. of fat free Reddi-whip
5-8 ice cubes or 1 cup of crushed ice
1/2 sheet of low fat graham crackers, crushed

Directions

Place all ingredients except Reddi-whip in a blender. Blend at high speed until thoroughly blended. Pour into a tall glass and top with the Reddi-whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.

Serves 1

Weight Watchers Points-3

1 comment: