Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Going Forward

Thought for the day:

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels


 
I went out to give my Visa a little more exercise today, scored a few more Christmas gifts and ran into a former coworker whom I haven't seen since way before my weight loss. I don't think she recognized me at first, but complemented me profusely when she realized I was someone she knew. The complements felt really good and gave me that little lift I needed to take my but out in the yard and get the fall clean up of the flower beds accomplished, and take a 30 minute walk. The weather was great for a walk,  sunny, a slight breeze and just a little crisp. I must have earned at least 8 activity points today; gotta work off the Thanksgiving weight gain and get back to being a "Big Loser".
 
The crisp weather did make think of one of my favorite cool weather drinks, Jacked-Up Cider. So To keep it program friendly I substituted a package of Alpine Sugar-Free spiced Cider mix for the apple cider and saved a whole lot of calories.
 
Jacked-Up Cider
 
1 Packet of Sugar-Free Alpine Spiced Cider
3/4 cup of boiling water
1 jigger of Jack Daniels Whiskey
1 cinnamon stick and 1 apple slice for garnish
 
Stir the packet of cider mix into the whiskey and add hot water and stir until dissolved then then garnish with the apple slice and cinnamon stick if desired.
 
Serves 1
 
Weight Watchers Points-2

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm going to give it a try. Glad to see you're blogging again.