Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stress and Temptation

Thought for the day:

“Good Habits result from resisting temptation.”Ancient Proverb


The last few days at work have been particularly stressful. It's also Employee Appreciation time and management wants to pass out cookies and doughnuts, so it has been really difficult staying on program. I'm seriously about to climb the walls of my cube. Thank God that it has been nice enough to walk every day. I hate to exercise; however, getting outside for half an hour at lunch has kept me out of the vending machine and it’s also kept me from ripping someone’s head off, at least for now.


When I'm stressed, I want to eat. I want to eat all the sweet, fatty, salty things I can get my hands on. The more stressed out I feel, the less I'm satisfied with veggies and yogurt dip, and the more I want Nachos dripping with queso, a Margarita, and a Death by Chocolate Chaser.


Easter is this weekend, and I'm praying I can keep my focus on the sacrifice Christ made and my hands off the chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and other goodies.


ARRGGG!!!


THIS IS NOT HELPING!

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're doing great. Awesome progress already.